We may update this policy from time to time. The latest version will always be published on this page. This version was first published on 19 April 2020.
Who we are
We are Roots ‘n Thyme, located in Dunster, BC.
When accessing the Roots ‘n Thyme website, we will learn certain information about you during your visit.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies’ (see explanation below).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website may collect the following information via its contact and enquiry form features (use of these features is optional):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- The name and website address of your company
- Other written information related to your enquiry that you provide
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or device, which enables our website to identify your computer or device as you view our website pages. Cookies allow websites to store your preferences and track how websites are used.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognise when you return to our website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from the company and to improve our products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email or telephone for market research purposes
We will not share your personal information with or sell it to third-party marketers.
Who we share your data with
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
- Bluehost, which hosts this website.
We will not share your personal information with any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Woocommerce (more details)
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How to make a request about your data
You can contact us to ask us what data we hold about you, who has access to it and how it is being used. We will also delete any data about you that we hold if you ask us to.
To make a request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org